성경묵상. 호세아 10장. "말씀이 찾아와 임하다." 설(說).래임(來臨).

[설래임 說.來臨] 말씀이 찾아와 임하다

성경묵상. 호세아 10장. "말씀이 찾아와 임하다." 설(說).래임(來臨).

최고관리자 0 12

().래임(來臨). Daily devotion.

호세아(Hosea) 10:12 "너의 묵은 땅을 기경하라 Break up your unplowed ground"

이스라엘은 열매 맺는 무성한 포도나무로 큰 축복을 받았습니다.(1) 그러나, 그들은 하나님께서 주신 축복을 갖고 하나님을 예배한 것이 아니라, 우상을 연애했습니다.(1-2)

오늘도 이렇게 받은 축복 때문에 오히려 망하는 길에 서 있는 이들이 있습니다. 차라리 안주셨더라면, 차라리 조금만 축복해주셨더라면, 더 좋았을 뻔 한 사람들이 있습니다. 오늘 나의 모습은 어떻습니까? 복 받기 전에 나는 복을 받을 만한 사람입니까? 나는 받은 복을 잘 관리하는 청지기로서 살아가고 있습니까?

하나님께서 허락하신 건강으로 세상을 더 열심히 즐기는 마음, 하나님께서 축복으로 주신 명성과 지위 때문에 오히려 교만해진 마음, 하나님께서 주신 부유함을 오직 자신의 안락함만을 위해 사용하는 마음. 이런 마음을 그대로 방치하면 그 마음은 '묵은 땅'(12)이 되어 버립니다. 묵은 땅이란 그렇게 굳어진 마음으로, 그런 마음밭에는 말씀의 씨앗이 떨어져도 뿌리를 내리울 수 없고, 말씀의 싹(생명력)이 그 단단한 땅을 뚫고 나올 수 없게 됩니다. 그러니 열매는 당연히 기대할 수 없습니다.

하나님께선 그런 묵은 땅의 마음을 기경하라고 하십니다. 쟁기질은 힘든 노동입니다. 오래 굳어진 땅일수록 더 많은 수고의 쟁기질을 해야만 기경될 수 있습니다. 우리의 마음은 그냥 그대로 두면 결코 좋아질 수가 없습니다. 방치하면 점점 더 굳어질 것입니다.

지금은 우리가 전심으로 하나님을 찾아야 할 때입니다. 우리 영혼의 묵은 땅에 말씀과 기도와 찬양과 섬김의 쟁기질을 시작해야 합니다.

Break up your unplowed ground

Israel was greatly blessed with lush, fruitful vines (v. 1), but instead of worshipping God with the blessings He had given them, they were in love with idols (vv. 1-2).

Even today, there are those who are on the road to destruction because of these blessings. There are people who would have been better off if God hadn't given them at all, if He had only blessed them a little.

How am I today? Am I worthy of blessing before I am blessed? Am I living as a good steward of the blessings I have received?

A heart that enjoys the world more because of the health God has given it; a heart that becomes arrogant because of the fame and status God has blessed it with; a heart that uses the wealth God has given it only for its own comfort. If such a heart is left untouched, it becomes a ‘hardened ground’ (verse 12). In such a hardened heart, the seed of the Word cannot take root even if it falls on it, and the sprout (vitality) of the Word cannot break through the solid ground. So, naturally, we cannot expect fruit.OD

God tells us to cultivate the heart of such hard ground. Ploughing is hard labour. The longer the ground is hardened, the more labour it takes to plough it out. Our hearts will never get better if we just leave them as they are; they will only get harder and harder if we neglect them.

Now is the time for us to seek God wholeheartedly. We must begin to break up our unplowed ground of our souls with words, prayer, praise, and worship.

0 Comments